You thought I write fiction? Yes, I do. This cookbook is my way of “getting my feet wet.” Hopefully the mistakes I’ve made on this book won’t be repeated when I publish Botanicaust next month.
Creating this book was so much fun. I not only came up with the recipes (years of baking experience,) but also took the photographs, formatted the book, designed the cover, and published it on Smashwords and Amazon. Not to mention all the baking I did to take the photographs. The family has gained a thousand pounds, I think.
And you, dear readers, may have the book for free! Just use the coupon code UA95Q on Smashwords before August 12th, 2012. If you feel inclined to leave a review either there on on Amazon, I wouldn’t complain.
So where does this put my July #writemotivation goals?
1. Finish edits on Botanicaust and send it for proofreading Still chugging away at this. I’m about 3/4 through the edits.
2. Complete my gluten free cookbook and format for self-publishing. Ta-da! All done! That feels good to cross off.
3. Publish GF cookbook on Amazon. Check! Woo hoo!
4. Finalize cover for Botanicaust This is nearly done – I’m playing around with color saturation. Keep watching!
5. Finalize book trailer for Botanicaust No progress
6. Create Amazon Author Page This really ought to go up next.
I won’t post an update Monday because we are headed down to the Kenai River today to dipnet for our yearly supply of salmon. I’ll post more on that next week (if I remember to take photos.)
Until then, bake something gluten free!