Notice the new look? I’m generally not a fan of white letters on dark background, but I thought this looked pretty good. I need to figure out how to put those small button icons for Facebook and Twitter and email follows in my sidebar, so they take up less room. I might move into a premium WordPress theme to make this website look the way I envision.
I’ve been working on promotion the entire month of August – hope you’re not sick of me yet. I have a guest post with The Book Boost September 10th, a book signing at Gulliver’s Books in Fairbanks (the northernmost, full service bookstore in America!) September 13th, plans to participate in Alaska Book Week October 6-13, and a blog tour set up to begin October 23rd. I have been contacting reviewers to read Botanicaust, with several takers already. I entered one Indie author contest with plans to enter another, plus I’ve been on Facebook and Twitter.
The need to actually write is beginning to really itch.
So I’ve joined the September Writemotivation challenge. This month I had to include some real life items on the list, because, hey, it’s September, and we only have a few days of “work outside” weather left.
1. Write 15K words on next manuscript by month’s end. This is by far the most important item on the list. One reviewer is already looking forward to the sequel to Botanicaust, so I need to get cracking.
2. Contact 5 (minimum) review sites to ask for reviews of Botanicaust. If you have a review blog or paper, feel free to contact me and we’ll work out a complimentary copy of the book.
3. Harvest the garden and shut it down for winter. Why am I so gung-ho in spring, but in autumn I barely want to look at the garden? Oh, yeah – that ugly word “cleaning” is involved. That must be it.
4. Read and critique 4 (minimum) stories on SFF.Online.com. I have developed some wonderful author relationships via this website and I’d like to maintain the relationships.
5. Hunt moose (1 week.) Like I said – it’s September.
7. Butcher pigs 1 week. By October, we’ll be working in snow, which sucks for butchering.
8. Post a blog a week (minimum.) ‘Nuf said.
9. Eat lots of #writemotivation cookies. *big smile* If you would like to join us, use the hashtag #writemotivation on Twitter.
Which of these items are you most interested in being updated about? I’d like to know. That way I won’t bore you with promotion.